Birth stone rings are above and beyond some of the most precious gifts that anyone can give or receive. These thoughtful tokens are representative of the recipient’s birth month. A carefully chosen design and gemstone can make this present even more meaningful than you could imagine. There are plenty of different birthstone rings available for you to consider.
The first step in finding the very best ring is to consider the recipient. This entails more than taking note of the month she was born. There is a little more to this kind of purchase than that. The right birthstone ring should have a form, cut and color that work with the person receiving the jewellery.
Remember that not all gemstones are created equally. If you want to impress a July woman, try to shy away from cheap imitation rubies. You can find a genuine ruby birth stone ring in a number of places that offer discount jewellery prices that just about anyone can afford.
Some can still opt for imitation rubies and this can work out very well. You really want to look for a design and cut that make the imitation gemstone look fantastic. A well-made birth stone ring will be easy to spot and a well cut imitation ruby will be almost identical to the real thing, at least to the naked eye.
Setting is quite important when considering which birthstone ring is right for your special someone. Is the recipient a fan of lots of glitz and shine or is she more understated and traditional. There are different settings for different personalities and the ideal birth stone ring should have the right arrangement and size.
Color, color, color is so very important when it comes to these rings. Some gemstones come in an array of magnificent shades so you have a wonderful set of options to consider. You may want to opt for a pale blue topaz ring or a deep, aqua shade for the arrangement. Of course, this is a matter of personal taste.
There are so many things to consider. Does the recipient prefer silver or gold? Does she like large emerald cut stones or a birth stone ring with an unusual pear shape cut? Would she like other gemstones in the setting like lovely diamond accents? What about the overall size of the ring?
With so many things to consider you may feel a headache coming on. Don’t fret. You may just find the perfect birth stone ring while browsing on the Internet. All you have to do is a bit of research.
List of Birth Stones:
- January – Garnet, Emerald or Rose Quartz
- February – Amethyst, Bloodstone, Onyx or Moonstone
- March – Aquamarine, Bloodstone, Jade or Rock Crystal
- April – Diamond, Opal, Rock Crystal (Quartz) or White Sapphire
- May – Emerald, Sapphire, Agate, Chrysoprase or Beryl
- June – Alexandrite, Pearl, Moonstone or Opal
- July – Ruby or Carnelian
- August – Peridot, Sardonyx, Diamond, Sapphire or Jade
- September – Sapphire, Agate, Moonstone, Lapis Lazuli, Diamond, or Chrsolite
- October – Opal, Tourmaline, Jasper, Zircon or Aquamarine
- November – Topaz, Citrine, Pearl or Diamond
- December – Blue Topaz, Turquoise, Zircon, Lapis Lazuli, Black Onyx or Ruby